Re: [eclipse-dev] [ANN] Bugzilla Plug-in

All of these things are on the radar. Related things we have discussed are:

1) the ability to resolve or reassign bugs using menu items in the bugs view (see bug 78252)
2) the ability to "commit" to a bug report instead of a repository thus simplify the submission of patches
3) the ability to add post commit processors to CVS which would enable the automatic resolution of bugs when changs are committed.

The last point is also related to the Change Set work that has been added in 3.1. We'll will definitely be playing around with this to see what kind of workflow optimizations we can come up with. Ideas are welcome either on this mailing list or as feature requests in Bugzilla.

Michael

Marco Qualizza <mqualizza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/11/2004 02:00 PM

Please respond to
eclipse-dev

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [eclipse-dev] [ANN] Bugzilla Plug-in

I know that this is still essentially in its infancy, but is the ability
to mark a bug as fixed and automatically attach a patch (as well as
commit associated files) on the radar?  Of course this won't work for
all bugs -- some are much deeper fixes or extend over multiple commits
-- but for simple fixes this might be reasonable?