Re: [eclipse-dev] creating an executable

hi Michael,

thankyou for your suggestion.  Although I have been involved with Java for quite some time, bizarre as it is, this is the first time that I have had to deploy a stand-alone gui "application".  Normally in projects that I have been involved with, all my requirements were was to produce classes as part of the bigger picture and did not need to worry about the deployment, just releases into version control etc and even then it was in web based apps.  So this is a new concept for me somewhat and certainly I will be wiser for the experience.  Also this is the first time that I have used eclipse as a development tool.  I do think that it's a very good IDE but I am still learning it's good and not so good points.  All in all though I have been rather happy with the product, and certainly as a developer, the price is right too (just quietly).

Sorry I digress, getting back to my problem, can you assist in providing steps to create a manifest file and creating the executable jar file in eclipse.  From which I can then use somthing like inno setup compiler to create the setup program for anyone to be able to click a few buttons and install the app locally on their pc.

Kind Regards,
Ged

Michael Bartl <zeddicus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx