Re: [eclipse-dev] creating an executable

On Thursday 14 October 2004 01:43, Gerard.Aitchison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello fellow eclipsers,
>
> I was wonndering if someone could let me know how I can use eclipse to
> create and deploy a java application as a .exe file.  I have been told
> that the eclipse platform can do this but so far have had no luck.
>
> I have a number of classes which I can jar up, but I would then like to
> create a exe file containing the jar and other supporting files so the end
> user can simply click on the exe as per a standard windows operation.

Such questions should be posted to the newsgroups!
From http://eclipse.org/mail/index.html:
Technical questions and discussions about using eclipse and eclipse-based
tools, and developing plug-in tools should be posted to the newsgroups.
working on or otherwise contributing to day-to-day development.

Now to your question:

To make an executable from a java application you would need to compile it
with a native compiler. (try google "java" "native compiler")

But I really  do not see the point, because you can simply write a manifest
file and it will start the application contained in the jar file. (try google
with "java" "manifest" "jar")

All follow-ups on the newsgroup please...

Best regards,
Michael

Back to the top