Re: [eclipse-dev] Unusable build.

+1 !!!!

Kim Horne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/20/2004 03:40 PM

Please respond to
eclipse-dev

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [eclipse-dev] Unusable build.

YES!  Oh my yes.  I've been pulling my hair out all day over it.  Not only does it feel slow, the constant CPU usage is draining my battery at about thrice the normal rate.

Wassim Melhem/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/20/2004 03:32 PM

Please respond to
eclipse-dev

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[eclipse-dev] Unusable build.

I downloaded today's warm-up build, and it is excruciatingly slow and
practically unusable.

Saving a Java file takes 30 seconds.
Stepping from one statement to the next during debugging causes my
workbench to hang for a minute or so per step.

My CPU is constantly at 100%.  Is there a known performance issue with this
build that I am not aware of?
Has anyone else encountered the same slowness?

Wassim.