RE: [eclipse-dev] 3.1 draft plan comment : Why not separate JDK1.5 eclipse release (soon) ?

Boy is this a great idea!!! I've been yearning for 1.5 support for a long time. It is far and away
more important to me than all of the other new stuff for 3.1.

Steve

From: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of M C
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 3:04 PM
To: eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eclipse-dev] 3.1 draft plan comment : Why not separate JDK1.5 eclipse release (soon) ?

I have looked at the posted 3.1 draft plan plan. What interest me the most is JDK1.5 support and increased RCP support. Great stuff! I want it and I want it now :-)

Since JDK1.5 is planned be released at the end of this month, I wonder why the next major eclipse is not divided into 2 smaller 6-month releases (f.x. named v3.1 and v3.2) : With the first of those released this year with full JDK1.5 support as only new feature and everything else in the next release in 2005 ?

So my question/comment is why not a separate JDK1.5 supporting eclipse release (soon) ?

Yahoo! Mail - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan

Back to the top