[eclipse-dev] Usage of plug-in dependency export feature within Eclipse.org components

Hi!

I noticed that no Eclipse plug-in uses the dependency export feature. Is this by design? I just came across an ugly issue while creating a plugin which imports a few plugins just for accessing constants to create a custom perspective.

Now I have a compilation error indicating that my perspecitve indirectly references a missing class. The only solution is to manually look for the plug-in that exports this class which is pretty time consuming.  IMHO this can by avoided by simply using the export feature.

Cu, Gunnar

Back to the top