[eclipse-dev] FAQ 450: Why don't my launch configurations work anymore?

In today's I-build, there has been a change in the runtime workbench launch
configuration to allow users to launch specifically with a choice of javaw
or java.exe.
The default, javaw, is not found in all JREs, and therefore, if you are
developing on Linux for example, the launch would fail.
A workaround is to go to the Main tab of the launch configuration and
select 'java' in the Command Line Settings section.
Everything will be fine after that.

This bug has been fixed and will be in the next I-build, whenever such a
build occurs.
With the fix, if you choose the "default" option, then we let the debugger
choose one for you from whatever Java executables are available in your JRE
of choice.
Otherwise, if you choose "java", then java.exe will always be used for that
launch configuration.

I apologize for the incovenience.

Wassim - Partial Differential Equations (PDE) team.

Back to the top