[eclipse-dev] Behavior of IWorkspace.run()

I want to know that when we run some actions that make changes to the work space, but in the IWorkspaceRunnable.run() method that we pass onto Workspace.run(). Then, how does the workspace comes to know that what changes have been made to the workspace.

For example i run a tool that creates a zip file of some of the resources i put this action in this run method but when the method returns the workspace doesnt show the zip file in the navigatro view. Althought it is there in the file system. It appears if i refresh it. (I am using eclipse 2.1)

Do i need to perform some other tasks like create or modify the delta and return it back or somehow hint the workspace as to what and where the change has occured or does the workspace automatically detects all the changes once the run has been called.

Please help me on this i am stuck at this and i have no idea what the problem could be.

Back to the top