Re: [eclipse-dev] Found a few hundred bugs in Eclipse

On Jul 19, 2004, at 3:28 PM, Ed Burnette wrote:

The Eclipse plug-in makes it more convenient to use but if it were licensed with CPL or Apache instead of LGPL then it could potentially be integrated into the JDT, or at the very least be distributed with Eclipse-based 3rd party applications. That could help not just Eclipse but anything built with the Eclipse IDE.

It is still a active research project, and we are doing a lot of refinement to it. We have a number of significant refactorings and enhancements planned. At the moment, we are happy with the LGPL.

However, we are preserving our options and could release it under a CPL or Apache license in the future if we decide it is appropriate. Please talk with us if you have concrete needs or plans that require it to be licensed under a more relaxed license.

	Bill

Back to the top