Re: [eclipse-dev] 2 issues with 3.0M8 I 2004-05-19

These questions should be asked on the Eclipse newsgroups.

For question 1, did you do the following steps:

1) Uncheck "Use default compliance settings"
2) Set "Generate .class file compatibility" to 1.4
3) Set "Source compatibility" to 1.4
4) Disallow identifiers called 'assert' to Error.

When this is done, it will work. By default, javac 1.4 doesn't compile source with assert statements. So the default 1.4 settings in Eclipse don't do it as well.

Olivier

"Kolesnik, Maciek" <Maciek.Kolesnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/21/2004 11:04 AM

Please respond to
eclipse-dev

<eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[eclipse-dev] 2 issues with 3.0M8 I 2004-05-19

Hi,

I noticed these 2 problems:

1. jdk 1.4 source compatibility mode does not work - getting errors when using 'asserts' in my code

2. Import/ProjectSet with clear case plug-in doesn't work - fails to import project set

Maciek

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
immediately.