Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse Project Plan comment

dlwhiteman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 05/12/2004 04:37:04 PM:
> Shouldn't this page also mention that SWT is supported on Pocket PC?

SWT for the Pocket PC is not mentioned in the 3.0 plan because it isn't
considered a reference platform (i.e., there are no committers assigned to
investigate or fix bugs).

> Also, what features of J2SE 1.4 are required by Eclipse 3.0 that aren't
> available in J9 (I recall that Eclipse used to run on J9)?

I don't think anyone has compiled a complete list of J2SE 1.4's new
features that Eclipse 3.0 is using. But the list would definitely include:
javax.xml.parsers for XML parsing, java.nio.channels.FileLock for file
locking, and java.util.regex.Matcher for regular expression matching.

---jim

Back to the top