[eclipse-dev] IPlatform removed

During the 3.0 development cycle we added org.eclipse.core.runtime.IPlatform in anticipation of restructuring the way people interact with the runtime.  In the end we have determined that the restructuring will not happen for 3.0 and we have removed IPlatform.  In general there should not be any references to this as it was just a shadow of the already popular Platform class.  We have updated all references in the runtime code base and worked with the only other team who was using it (on our advice originally).  If you find that you are using IPlatform, simply remove the 'I' and you should be fine.

Jeff

Back to the top