RE: [eclipse-dev] Using the PDE eclipse.buildScript ant task

> Hi Sam,

Hi Sonia,

> for future reference, please ask questions such as this on the newsgroups:

I debated doing so.  I asked here primarily because
searches of the newgroup archives turned up multiple
questions along this line, most without any sort of
response at all (not even a pointer to the docs.)

> From the information you have provided, I would check these to start:
>
> 1.  The directory specified for ${buildDirectory} should contain a
> "plugins" and "features" directory which contain the source for your build.

This is what I was afraid of.  Is there a reason why the
PDE build expects a structure different from that that
would be created in a regular Eclipse workspace?

> 2.  "com.timesys.test-feature" is the value for the id attribute in it's
> feature.xml.  If the id is actually "com.timesys.test" the value for the
> ${elements} property should be changed.

Figured this out... thank you for confirming it, though.

-Samrobb

Back to the top