Re: [eclipse-dev] any way to enable the old "new" keybindings?

Travis,

I'm absolutely agree with you. I don't know the way such decision was accepted,
but I'm sure, the decision to refuse Ctrl-X-Ctrl-Y style is a _big_ error, as a
new key map is in interference with all main OSes common key shortcuts (at least,
I mean Linux and win32). Under this consideration, an example is commony used
Alt-Shift combination for switching to national keyboard.

Moreover, Ctrl-X-Ctrl-Y style is very easy to learn as it has some logic (Ctrl-K
is for editing, Ctrl-J is java-related, Ctrl-R is for refactoring, ...). OTOH,
new keyshort resemble absolute chaos. I'm not old-unix-emacs-school person, but
even for me Ctrl-X-Ctrl-Y style is easy to leran and understand.

I have noticed, sometimes it is very difficult for ordinary (java) developer to
understand some decisions made by UI experts (which have not to be developers).
OK. To tell the truth, I don't see any reason, why it is impossible to save
Ctrl-X-Ctrl-Y style - may be as non-default.

Let's do not lose good job!

Andrew Gaydenko