Re: [eclipse-dev] "unable to create part" JSP

Please file a bug report against Platform-UI
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi

Also check your workspace/.metadata/.log file for anything relevant, and
add that to the bug report.

Thanks,
Nick

Mama Mama <rukumam@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
02/15/2004 07:51 PM
Please respond to
eclipse-dev

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[eclipse-dev] "unable to create part" JSP

Hello,

I am very very new to Eclipse. I am using Eclipse
3.0.0 on Windows 2000. I was browsing for some
information to run servlets, JSPs on Eclipse and found
out that there are plugins avaiable for the same. I
used sysdeo plugin and configured it successfully. I
created a new project and was trying to write a sample
JSP page. I right clicked on the project and clicked
on New-->File (unfortunately there is no New-->JSP
page, should there be any?) and when I typed in
hello.jsp it opened up notepad. I wrote some code,
closed and saved it and when I tried to open it in the
editor it shows up an error "unable to create
part:hello.jsp".

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.