Re: [eclipse-dev] Combo packages proposal

Hallo Jeff,

* Jeff McAffer wrote:
>For example, imagine a site where you pick the base Eclipse version (e.g.,
>2.1.2, 3.0M6, ...), the platform(s) and the components you want (by name).
> The site then picks the appropriate zips, jars, ... , combines them into
>one zip and downloads it to you.  This sounds like an excellent
>opportunity for someone with web service, web app, php, ... experience to
>contribute to the Eclipse community in a real and tangible way.

Hm, called package manager on most linux distributions :)

apt-get install eclipse-platform eclipse-jdt

-> Will install eclipse including JDT, but not PDE. Also, dependcies
like ant, lucene and junit (IBMs version of xerces and the right
tomcat deps are not yet packaged) will be solved by debians packages.

Unfortunatelly, the rest isn't packaged yet. 3.0 was too unstable (API
wise) up to now I don't have time soon :(

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@xxxxxxx
     "Wer nicht fragt, bleibt dumm."