Re: [eclipse-dev] XML Parsing In an Eclipse 3.0 Plugin

Speaking of Eclipse, Xerces and plug-ins, M6 comes with an "org.apache.xerces" plugin that tags itself as "version 4.0.13" (which is GREATER THAN the actual latest xerces version number of 2.6.0) but on examining its plugin.xml also declares that "This is an IBM maintenance branch of xerces 2.0.0". So, correct me if I'm wrong, but won't this older version override any 2.6.0 xerces.jar that I try to import for my plug-in?

Furthermore, a grep of plugin.xml files show that none of the other plugins import org.apache.xerces - presumably they do their own XML thing, or use the JDK1.4 XML capabilities.

Thus, should this plug-in be removed from the M7 distribution altogether?

thanks,
Nigel.

[originally posted to the eclipse-dev mailing list]
Marc Boorshtein wrote:
In order to run a stand-alone application which utilizes XML Schema in the way sun defines I needed to use Xercese 2.6

If the IBM version of Xercese is the only version that is available, is there a way to utilize it to check schema? If not, is there an alternative JAXP compatible parser that will run inside of eclipse?

Back to the top