From: Jeff McAffer [mailto:Jeff_McAffer@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Montag, 19. Januar 2004 16:48
To: eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [eclipse-dev] Access classes of Platform's parent ClassLoader

There is no standard way of doing this.  In your case you could implement your own main by copying the code for startup.jar (in org.eclipse.platform) and reworking the code that creates the classloader for Boot (i..e, just set the parent appropriately).

Of course, this would be a non-standard configuration and you should note it as such in any bug reports.

Jeff

"Andrea Vicentini" <andrea.vicentini@xxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
01/19/2004 09:03 AM Please respond to
eclipse-dev

Toeclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject[eclipse-dev] Access classes of Platform's parent ClassLoader

Hi!

I want to be able to load a class from a JAR file, without having to
reference it from the plugin.xml.
More in detail:
- in my environment, the Eclipse plattform will be started from another Java
application, simply calling org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main
- the ClassLoader of this other Java application already knows a class, say
"a.b.MyClass"

Is it possible to access that class from inside a plugin in Eclipse, without
having to reference the JAR as run-time with the plugin.xml?
I mean, is it possible to trickle the Platform or Plugin- ClassLoader in
order to pass the calls to the caller's ClassLoader?

-> I am using Eclipse 2.1!

Thanks,
Bye.

Andrea Vicentini