Re: [eclipse-dev] Team/CVS Planning Meeting Notes - Nov 19, 2003

+1

-alvin

Daniel Megert wrote:

Having a fast machine which can run lots of jobs in the background does not
mean that a user (I ;-) wants to run version control operations in the
background. The preference is to give a hint about  the number of jobs
which can run in the background and not to specify which kinds of jobs. If
that's what the preference does then there should be either an additional
control where I can specify which jobs are run in the background or at
least tell me what will happen when I change the machine speed preference.

Dani

Jean-Michel Lemieux <Jean-Michel_Lemi To eux@xxxxxxxxxx> eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx Sent by: cc eclipse-dev-admin @eclipse.org Subject Re: [eclipse-dev] Team/CVS Planning Meeting Notes - Nov 19, 2003 19.11.2003 16:47 Please respond to eclipse-dev@eclip se.org

fast machine speed = cvs operations run in background
slow machine speed = cvs operations run in foreground

Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/19/2003 10:16 AM
Please respond to
eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [eclipse-dev] Team/CVS Planning Meeting Notes - Nov 19, 2003

- CVS background work-in-progress options removed and instead linked to
the workbench's "Machine Speed" preference.

Linked in which way?

Dani

             Jean-Michel
             Lemieux
             <Jean-Michel_Lemi                                          To

             eux@xxxxxxxxxx>           eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

             eclipse-dev-admin
             @eclipse.org                                          Subject

                                       Re: [eclipse-dev] Team/CVS Planning

                                       Meeting Notes - Nov 19, 2003
             19.11.2003 15:02

             Please respond to
             eclipse-dev@eclip
                  se.org

Team/CVS

- CVS background work-in-progress options removed and instead linked to
the workbench's "Machine Speed" preference.
- Bug fixing and enhancements to the releng plug-in. A new plug-in has
been posted:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-releng-home/dev.html

- Still working on integration of SSH2 support into CVS. Our goal is to
have a support for SSH2 in M6.
- Continued work on integrating JSR147 WVCM into Team. Providing feedback
as part of public review process of the API. If you are interested in a
Team API you should take this chance to review the current draft API and
provide comments to the working group.
- Test plan for M5 can be found at:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-vcm-home/docs/online/team3.0/test_plan_3.0M5.html

- Bug fixing