Re: [eclipse-dev] Install/Update API

As mentioned in the original posting, please submit your answers to
platform-update-dev mailing list.

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Platform Components
D2/MY7/8200/MKM
IBM Canada Ltd.
Tel. 905 413-2745  T/L 969-2745
Fax. 905 413-4854

             Phillip Shoemaker
             <pshoemaker@mac.c
             Sent by:                  eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             eclipse-dev-admin                                          cc
             @eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [eclipse-dev] Install/Update
             11/05/2003 12:04          API
             AM

             Please respond to
                eclipse-dev

Dejan,

I have a question about the extensibility of the update mechanism
within Eclipse. I would like to extend the Eclipse mechanism to allow
me to install not only Eclipse plug-ins and features, but also
standalone tools, installed in a directory outside of the //eclipse
directory.

Is this something that we can do using the Eclipse install/update
mechanism? Perhaps there are plug-ins that we can do specifically
within Install and Update?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Phillip