Re: [eclipse-dev] Team/CVS Planning Meeting Notes - August Oct 22, 2003

Team/CVS Status
- removed dependency on xerces.
- worked on supporting newer CVS versions (> 1.11.6). There have been some
subtle message formats changes in newer releases. To be more flexible in
the future, we are moving our parsing code to use regex configurable
patterns. These will be configurable and allow Eclipse CVS clients to
support newer releases without a plug-in upgrade.
- working on the generic synchronize view API
- working on the Team API plan item
Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Mike Wilson/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
10/21/2003 04:47 PM
Please respond to
eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - August Oct 22, 2003

-------------------
 Discussion Topics
-------------------

None.

----------
 Outreach
----------

- Darin (W) and Jared (B) are presenting "Eclipse - a universal tool
plaform"
  presentation at ICE 2003 on Tuesday afternoon
  - see http://www.iceconference.com/

--------
 Status
--------

General

Debug:
- debug plug-ins no longer depend on xerces plug-in. The XML files we
  persist are no longer formatted with white space - however, since these
  files are not intended to be human readable, this is not an issue
  (launch config files, for example).
- new "org.eclipse.core.variables" plug-in will be released to HEAD
  *after* this weeks integration build, and will be available for next
week

Ant:
- Ant plug-ins no longer depend on xerces plug-in. Getting code assist to
work
  in the Ant Editor with JAXP APIs was more work than we anticipated, due
  missing column (source index) positions in JAXP.

Releng:
- bug triage with team and bug fixing
- 2.1.2 RC2 build Wednesday Oct 22, 2pm EDT as per 2.1.2 endgame plan
  (
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/eclipse-project-home/plans/freeze_plan_2_1_2.html
)

Platform/JDT Text:
- published M5 plan
- bug fixing
- continued working on Javadoc spell checking
- started working on improved annotation presentation for multiple
annotations
  at the same line (see plan item)
- started working on background highlight annotation painter (see plan
item)
- moved incremental find status presentation to separate status line item
- introduced post selection listener updating problems view and status
line
  if the caret resides inside a problem

JDT/UI:
- bug fixing
- worked on exception support for change method signature
- added quick fixes for JavaDoc problems
- worked on pushing AST rewrite down to JDT/Core

Search:
- worked on improved replace dialog

Core:
- Xerces:
  - released Core code to remove depedancy on Xerces
  - other teams are making good progress at conversion
- Concurrency:
  - dynamic team has been created to address remaining outstanding issues
    with Responsive UI
- Equinox:
  - continued work on performance
  - progress made on running WSAD
  - more people are now using the Equinox OSGi runtime
  - new support for fragments is being implemented
- Other:
  - HP-UX version of Core library is now included in a fragment and
    contributed by Sumit Sarkar from HP.

- RCP:
  - talked with Jeem, Wassim, Nick and Jeff about the UI plug-in
    restructuring and backward compatibility
  - looking at different approaches for 2.1 plug-ins running in a 3.0
    environment
  - hashing out issues of how PDE is to behave in this scenerio

Help:
- removed dependency on Xerces
- one more NL bug fix for 2.1.2 RC2
- released fixes for a number of accessibility bugs in 3.0
- roles in Help currently disabled while the platform UI team redesigns
  the implementation (otherwise, help would be broken and no help books
  would appear)

PDE:
- OSGi work progresses well - most 'New Bundle' code templates (including
  'Hello, World') now working. We can create a new bundle (with or without

  content), migrate a plug-in into a bundle, update bundle classpath,
  support bundle fragments etc.
- added support for presenting site.xml in  a browser using XSLT (lists
  the site content)

Update:
- exploring the Update redesign options
- removed dependency on Xerces

SWT:
- exploring new look and feel in CTabFolder
- 2.1.2 end game - fix for Solaris
- Bidi with Lena from IBM MiddleEast
- M4 testing

Back to the top