[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[eclipse-dev] A Tool to design metamodels
- From: "Gagan Tandon" <gagant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 05:03:03 +0530
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to develop a tool using Eclipse/EMF framework. The tool's primary
1) The tool should have a class/sequence diagram like editor in which the
user should be able to draw diagrams using our specific notation based on
2) The user should be able to save the diagrams in our notation in an XML
file (which seems very likely since EMF provides this facility)
3) Then while drawing a conventional UML class diagram/sequence diagram in
EMF/Eclipse, user should be able to import our XML file and stamp out a new
model in the editor based on the XML file . This model will be in UML
Some may have got the idea, that we are trying something on the lines of
domain specific modelling. I want to know, what API/plugin would be useful
for developing this tool. Also what could be a good starting point ?
Colorado State University
Three simple steps. They guarantee your safety.
yourself against the SMB.EXE virus.