Re: [eclipse-dev] Hang while running Debug tests in N20030708

The hang was determined to be a problematic interaction between the
WorkbenchContentProvider and the FileDocumentProvider. The workbench team
is aware of the problem, and will provide a fix.

Darin

|         |           Darin             |
|         |           Wright/Ottawa/IBM@|
|         |           IBMCA             |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           eclipse-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org       |
|         |           08/08/2003 10:38  |
|         |           AM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           eclipse-dev       |
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  Re: [eclipse-dev] Hang while running Debug tests in N20030708                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                                             |

The "hang" is reproduceable when running the test harness. However, it is
not clear what is causing the problem. Still under investigation.

Darin

   Darin
   Wright/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA         To:        eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                   cc:
   Sent by:                        Subject:        Re: [eclipse-dev] Hang
   eclipse-dev-admin@eclip while running Debug tests in N20030708
   se.org

   08/08/2003 09:36 AM
   Please respond to
   eclipse-dev

I am investigating the problem. However, the log does not indicate a "hang"
- the exceptions just exhibit the asynchronous nature of the debugger (the
UI is updating after a test has completed, and an associated launch
configuration has been deleted - thus it cannot be rendered). Running the
tests from my workspace as a "JUnit  Plug-in Test" exhibits no failures or
hang. I will download the nightly build, and run the test harness with the
"latest" debug plug-ins to see if the hang occurrs.

Darin

   Sonia
   Dimitrov/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA        To:        eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                    cc:
   Sent by:                         Subject:        [eclipse-dev] Hang
   eclipse-dev-admin@eclipse while running Debug tests in N20030708
   .org

   08/08/2003 06:52 AM
   Please respond to
   eclipse-dev

The test results for nightly build N20030708 are not available yet due to a
"hang" that occurred while running the JDT Debug tests on both Windows and
RedHat Linux (see attached .log and screen shot).

Please take a look and fix before the next build.

Thanks,

Sonia

#### .log has been removed from this note on August 08, 2003 by Darin
Wright

Back to the top