Re: [eclipse-dev] Umlaute in Eclipse

Hi,

not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but I'll try anyway. We have just begun using Eclipse 2.1/OSX-version. Everything is perfect, except for one thing: We can't get the editor to accept special characters (like German Umlaute: ä, ö, ü) from the keyboard. No matter which encoding we choose, it never works. Not in newly created files, and not in existing files. We always get the "unknow character"-sign (rectangle) instead. However, if an existing file already contains umlaute, then Eclipse is able to display them correctly. Only typing new ones is problematic.
Has anyone encountered this problem and knows a way around it?
Thanks for help,

Since I'm on vacation I cannot verify your problem on Eclipse 2.1.
However, I'm developing on a Powerbook with a (Swiss-) German keyboard and I cannot remember to have had any problem with Umlauts on German keyboards and Eclipse 2.1.

Anyway, I've verified that Umlauts work fine in recent builds (I recommend I20030729). Please let me know if you have problems with Umlauts in 3.0 builds (I won't be able to provide any fixes/patches for 2.1 builds).

Thanks,
--andre

Back to the top