Re: [eclipse-dev] Standalone SWT + JFace Application Error

The eclipse.platform newsgroup would be a good place to ask.  In fact, I answered this same question on that newsgroup in the past month.  A quick search should find your answer.
--

Hi Guys,

I am getting an error when attempting to use the TreeViewer component
in JFace.

The stack trace is attached.

I am running using Eclipse 2.1 M1. The application is currently being
run via the Eclipse UI. I have the following on my classpath:

runtime.jar
workbench.jar
jface.jar
swt.jar

The actual error is Application not initialised. Is there anything I
need to do in order to setup the runtime so I can run the application
standalone. I want to deploy the application via web start.

Any light you can shed on the matter would be appreciated. If I need to
send this to another list please let me know, and accept my apologies
for the incorrect posting.

kind regards

Robert Keith

Back to the top