[eclipse-dev] irix port and distribution

Eclipse-dev,

I have been looking searching the archives for information on Eclipse IRIX
(SGI) port. While there are a couple of questions, these efforts appear to
have come to nount. How can we initiate an offical effort to get Eclipse
ported to IRIX?
I noticed that there are both Motif and GTK Unix ports (both these are
available on IRIX). I have also downloaded the "source" distribution, but
noticed that this includes binary "launcher" apps which are platform
specific.
- So what is the best way to approach this?
- Where are the launchers and other bits required for a full build of
eclipse?
- If this effort is successful, how can distribution be made available to
other IRIX users?
Thanks for infomation.

John Hartley.

Back to the top