RE: [eclipse-dev] Luxury edition of the Log view

It would also be nice to not only get the message "see the error log" but
be able to open the log view right from the message dialog (assuming the
view is not currently visible).

-Dorian

|         |           "Ed Burnette"     |
|         |           <Ed.Burnette@sas.c|
|         |           om>               |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           eclipse-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org       |
|         |           06/19/2003 11:01  |
|         |           AM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           eclipse-dev       |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                                                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  RE: [eclipse-dev] Luxury edition of the Log view                                            |

I agree with David but would go further to say that when something crashes
the user gets a message saying an error has occurred, and to 'see the error
log'. If that message was reworded a little, and the Error Log view was one
of the basic views, then it wouldn't be as confusing to new users as it is
now. (Also I'd like to see a preference to limit the log size somehow, it
gets *huge* sometimes.)