RE: [eclipse-dev] comment on draft 3.0 plan - need better upgrade options

Title: RE: [eclipse-dev] comment on draft 3.0 plan - need better upgrade options

> But, I still remember my .externalTools directory not
> working when I did this (I think it was when I moved
> from 2.0 MP4 to 2.1, but I can't remember).  Just
> copying the workspace over didn't work.

We've been using Eclipse since 1.0, and have upgraded many times. I've found that my coworkers usually had problems with upgrading when they did so infrequently, such as 2.0 -> 2.1 M5. When I kept current with the milestones and releases, upgrading went smoothly. For that matter, whenever I rolled back to a previous version because of instabilities with the build, that went smoothly, too. In other words, try upgrading incrementally to avoid compatibility problems.

Eric

Back to the top