Re: [eclipse-dev] SWT Markup should be in the 3.0 plan

Thanks for your reply.

> We are quite literally max'ed. In addition, we haven't even come to some
> agreement amongst the committers that this is the direction we want to
take
> ...unless the community can make this happen, it's not going to happen.

I understand the resource problem, but I don't understand at all the process
by which "the community" can make anything happen. What is the Eclipse
corollary to the Java Community Process?

Bob

Bob,

There is a big difference in commitment between an exploratory solution like
the work done by Chris and what it takes to make it a real Eclipse output.
Significant work would be required by at least the UI team and the SWT team,
and likely others as well, and the truth of the matter is that at this point
there's no chance of us having the time to do it. We are quite literally
max'ed. In addition, we haven't even come to some agreement amongst the
committers that this is the direction we want to take. Given that, putting
it on the plan anywhere would be premature.

That's not to say that you can't continue the discussion with Chris et al.,
but unless the community can make this happen, it's not going to happen.

McQ.

"Bob Foster" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
05/30/03 06:46 PM