Re: [eclipse-dev] comment on draft 3.0 plan - need better upgrade options

Oh, yeah, reading that doc made me remember something
else I had to keep doing:

"If you have installed extra plug-ins in your Eclipse
environment, you will need to add these new plug-ins
to each new build or version of Eclipse you install"

This is somthing that would be nice for an
installation tool to do for me.

Thanks for the link... don't know how I missed it.
So, this document seems to make it clear that you CAN
assume the metadata will be compatible for newer
versions.  The big test will be when moving from 2.1
to 3.0 ;-)

But, I still remember my .externalTools directory not
working when I did this (I think it was when I moved
from 2.0 MP4 to 2.1, but I can't remember).  Just
copying the workspace over didn't work.

(http://dev.eclipse.org/help21/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/tasks/tasks-2.htm)