[eclipse-dev] Time frame concerns for 3.0/JDK 1.5

Hello,

I have only today become aware of the plans to bypass release 2.2 in favor of a more abitious 3.0. While the proposed features being discussed sound like they add a lot of value, I am concerned that the original timeline for 2.2 (early 2004) would be extended significantly. The reason for my concern is that JDK 1.5 is also due for release early in 2004, and I am anxious to begin using the new features in our development. I had hoped that the release schedule of Eclipse would allow me to start using JDK 1.5 right away. What does the timeline for 3.0 look like? Would the JDK 1.5 features be a priority for the development team, so that milestone builds will keep up with the early access and final releases of the new JDK?

Thanks
Eric McIntyre
Java Developer

This e-mail is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. As in any electronic transmittal, please understand and accept that, when communicating with us by e-mail, there is no guaranty that your communication is totally secure. Also, though we have tried to ensure that this e-mail and attachments, if any, are free from any viruses, please make sure that they are indeed virus-free before you open the attachments. We do not accept any liability (whether in contract, negligence or otherwise) for any virus infection and/or external compromise of security and/or breach of confidentiality in relation to transmissions sent by e-mail. Information in this message is without warranty or representation whatsoever whether expressed or implied and we will not be held liable for any inaccuracies or any losses, whether direct or indirect arising from information herein provided.

Back to the top