Re: [eclipse-dev] Class not found

Hi Lior,

you probably have to add the jars to your project's libraries (right-click your project, chose "Properties", in the list chose "Java Build Path", and on the tabs on the right hand chose "Libraries"; there you can add your jars).

The appropriate newsgroup for questions like this would be eclipse.tools.jdt, though...

Best,
Jörg.

Lior Shliechkorn wrote:

I hope I'm not posting to the wrong mailing list regarding this question, but either way your time is appreciated in answering my question. I'm running into a strange issue. I developed a SMS.java file and a BogusAuthenticator.java file, so that I can send e-mail from my application. However, I cannot compile the file from within Eclipse. I can compile it fine using the command prompt.

I'm using Eclipse 2.1, and I even modified the classpath file so that it matches up with my current complier settings. However, this does not seem to work either. The files use the mail.jar and activation.jar for the javax.mail.* and javax.mail.Authentication packages. But they are not being found. I added the jar files to the lib folder under the project WEB-INF/lib and I have it under my jdk1.3.1_01 lib/ext folder. I don't know why it's not being compiled. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Lior