RE: [eclipse-dev] What's next for eclipse (round 2)

>Submitter:         <dave.wathen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Request:        Support for generative programming
>Request:        Plugins to let 2.1 plugins keep working in 3.0
>
>We will record your request for compiler restructing however it's not
>something that the current eclipse
>commiters are going to be interested in doing without significant
>participation from the community.
>If you end up having time to invest in this idea please let us know.

Kevin,

I certainly will let you know if I find some time to spend on this.
It's definitely something I'd like to work on but as you point out
this is not insignificant.  In the meantime I would appreciate it if
interested parties (the current compiler team and the wider community)
could spend a short while considering the idea.  I'd like to at least
establish if there's any consensus that this is a desirable direction.

Dave Wathen
Phone: +44 (0)20 8660 5171
Mobile: +44 (0)7968 167934
Fax: +44 (0)870 051 7664