Re: [eclipse-dev] BUG in 2.1

Hi! Thanks for answering.  No.  I'm editing a java source file
(.java).  I think there's some kind of validation about if the line I'm
standing on with the edition cursor is completed or not.
e.g.:

  String pp;
  pp.(and here quickly press ctrl+shift+space, then press Enter,
oh! nothing happens).

e.g.2:

  String pp="hello";
  pp.charAt(2);

  Then move the cursor before the "h" of chatAt and press
ctrl+shift+space.  Nothing happens.

  Then do the same, but instead of pressing ctrl+shift+space, select menu
Edit->Content Assist.  That is what I want!  It was working well in 2.0.2

I'm working with eclipse 2.1 under Linux Redhat 7.3

Thanks a lot.  Reggards,

-- Mauro

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Jeff Duska wrote:

> Mauro:
>
> Can you explain the problem you having in more detail? I have Eclipse 2.1 for
> Motif and Windows cannot duplicate your problem with Content Assist. I suspect
> you are trying to use Content Assist in an Editor for a file format that
> Eclipse and/or JDT doesn't support natively. For example, JSP or Velocity. In
> your previous installation, you might have had a plug-in or changed your
> default file associations to support Content Assist. To change or add  file
> associations, go to Window | Preferences | Workbench | File Associations.
>
> I was also able to go to the buzzilla page, since is in a frame try going
> directly to the page via https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Jeff Duska
>
> Mauro Daniel Ardolino wrote:
>
> > Hi!  I've just downloaded and installed eclipse 2.1 (I had eclipse 2.0.2).
> > It's great, but I found a bug:  there's no shortcut to Edit->Content
> > Assist.  It was ctrl+space in 2.0.2.  I'm addict to it.
> > Is this list the place to report the bugs?  I clicked on "bugs" in
> > www.eclipse.org but nothing happened.
> >
> > Thanks a lot.
> >
> > -- Mauro
> >

> > --