[eclipse-dev] plugin link files with unc mapping part 2

Greetings I have found the following information:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-update-home/doc/eclipse_update_packaging.html#Multiple%20Launch%20Points <http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-update-home/doc/eclipse_update_packaging.html>

"The property path is a comma-separated list of optionally annotated install paths. The property value install-path is a full file path to the installation directory root, specified in local OS format. The optional annotation r or rw indicates whether Eclipse update support should allow the specified location to be used for updates. Default is to allow updates (w)."

Am I wrong in assuming that this is a bug? unc is a local OS format but eclipse does not seem to handle it. Any plans to fix this in future releases?

Thanks

-Chris

Greetings,

With eclipse 2.0 are there any known issues if in the plugin link files there is a unc mapped drive and not a c: mapped drive?

Specifically with Websphere Application Developer 5.0 in the eclipse/links directory there are files that link to specific plugins.  I am using Merant PVCS Version Manager  and it is linked to a unc mapped network drive for the plugin information.

Does eclipse need to have a c: mapped drive and not unc mapping for those to work?

Thanks
-Chris

Back to the top