Re: [eclipse-dev] RE: What's happening after 2.1?

Support for allowing Eclipse users to develop against JDK 1.5 is a very different thing from requiring 1.5 for running Eclipse itself.  We've always tried to support development against the latest JDK, and we've supported 1.4 in this way for a long time.  For running Eclipse itself, we only move to a new JDK level when we know it is widely available and stable on all platforms.  Obviously this lags far behind the JDK release cycles, which is why we are still on 1.3. As far as I know we will be moving to 1.4 before the next release, but this has yet to be confirmed.

John

"Bob Foster" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/23/2003 10:47 AM