[eclipse-dev] How does Eclipse build it's build path?

I know at runtime you can rely on the one that's already in Tomcat but what are folks suppose to do when they build this thing.

Supposing you create a new project in Eclipse from the repository it would be much nicer
if this was in lib.

Can anybody tell me why Eclipse thinks commons-logging.jar should be in /webwork/lib?

It's managed to find everything else in webwork/src/lib/view but it insists that commons-logging.jar should be in /webwork/lib which it is not.

I have no idea why it thinks this.

For all your IDEA advocates. This is one area where IDEA smokes Eclipse.

Eclipse thinks that

commons-logging.jar should be in /webwork/lib

itext-0.81.jar should be in /webwork/src/lib/view

log4j-1.2.6.jar should be in /webwork/lib

when out of CVS..

commons-logging.jar is in /webwork/src/lib/view

itext-0.81.jar isn't anywhere but itext-0.92.jar is in /webwork/src/lib/view as is
log4j-1.2.6.jar

Just exactly why is Eclipse making these determinations?

Back to the top