[eclipse-dev] next integration build 14:00 EST today (Wed.)

We've updated the Eclipse 2.1 End Game Plan:

Wednesday March 26, 2003 Status: Leading up to the RC4 build tomorrow
(Thursday), there will be another integration build today at 14:00 EST to
incorporate the latest doc and perhaps another critical fix. All the doc
will be in place for this build, which gives us a chance to review
everything in packaged form. Once this build is available, we'll be asking
for volunteers to help review the doc this one last time.

The primary focus of the teams this week is on doc and getting things
ready for the official release at the end of next week. We also expect to
address a small handful of stop ship defects with release candidate 4
(RC4). We need to be extraordinarily careful at this late stage when we
make any code changes. For this reason, each fix requires the component
lead plus two other component leads to approve all non-doc work on a
component. In addition, any component lead can veto a change (with cause).
All changes require an associated bug report tagged with target milestone
"2.1 RC4" that includes a risk assessment and supporting approvals.
Ongoing changes to component documentation do not require special
approval. As always, please report all problems, and flag any serious ones
deserving of immediate attention.

Complete details on the end game plan can be found at
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/eclipse-project-home/plans/freeze_plan_2_1.html

Back to the top