Re: [eclipse-dev] Out of memory test failures

We can now reproduce the out of memory problem by using the IBM JRE 1.3.1
SR2.

1. Increasing the memory to 256Mb has no effect and setting the memory to
lower value like 70Mb crashes the VM
2. Replacing the JDT Core with the version from I20030317 fixes the problem
(see Jerome's message for the changes in JDT Core)
3. All tests pass with disabled JIT
4. The failing tests pass with IBM JRE 1.3.1 SR3

We suspect this to be a JIT related problem in IBM JRE 1.3.1 SR2.

Dani

             "Sonia Dimitrov"
             <Sonia_Dimitrov@c
             a.ibm.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             eclipse-dev-admin                                          cc
             @eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [eclipse-dev] Out of memory
             19.03.2003 17:10          test failures

             Please respond to
             eclipse-dev@eclip
                  se.org

The same test failures occured with a re-run of the JDT UI tests.  In
addition, I ran the tests built in I200303018 with the eclipse SDK from
I20030317 and there were no OutOfMemory exceptions.

Please let me know how I can assist in troubleshooting this further.

Sonia

    Dean Roberts/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
    Sent by:                      eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
    eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx         cc:
                                          Subject:        [eclipse-dev]
                                  Out of memory test failures
    03/19/2003 10:59 AM
    Please respond to eclipse-dev

We suspect that the out of memory test failures where an indirect result of
the Help test hang.  These tests are being re-run now and, of course, will
be run as part of the upcoming rebuild.

...Dean...

Back to the top