[eclipse-dev] FW: extra markers

This is the convention that the Platform/Core team follows.
If you would like to see our todo's in the comments, please read the
following.

------------------------------------

The Java compiler allows us to insert extra markers based on text in Java
comments.
See: Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Compiler -> Extra Markers -> Tasks
tag creation

In the past we have added certain "words" to our Java comments to indicate
that we want to revisit code. Now that the compiler will help bring these
words to our attention in the form of tasks, we should take advantage of
it.

Please set the following "task tags" in your compiler settings:
   TODO
   FIXME
   XXX
Note that the keywords are case sensitive.

This will allow you to see tasks that we have previously added to our code.

Thanks.

Back to the top