Re: [eclipse-dev] A problem using eclipse on Win NT

Win NT works for me.

It seems you have encountered a bug with StyledText  / Text Editor:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument not valid
      at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2105)
      at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2051)
      at
org.eclipse.swt.custom.DefaultContent.error(DefaultContent.java:671)
      at
org.eclipse.swt.custom.DefaultContent.getLineAtOffset(DefaultContent.java:565)
      at org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledText.doLineUp(StyledText.java:2594)
      at org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledText$2.run(StyledText.java:2097)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runTimer(Display.java:1554)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:2008)
      at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessageW(Native Method)
      at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage(OS.java:1223)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1289)
      at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1256)
      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1239)
      at
org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:775)
      at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:462)
      at
      at
      at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:247)
      at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:703)
      at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:539)

Have you tried using the 2.0.2 build?

                      "Ismaeil, Sameh Z"
                      <sameh.ismaeil@eds         To:      eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      .com>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                   Subject: [eclipse-dev] A problem using eclipse on Win NT
                      eclipse-dev-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      14/11/2002 05:51
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      eclipse-dev

Hello,

I know Win NT is not supported, but I thought I should give you some info
on
the problem I'm having.

I use eclipse 2.0.1 on NT workstation 4 with SP6a. and using Sun's JDK
1.4.1

The problem is that the text in the source code editor panes of eclipse is
not showing. Only the first letter of each row appears, then the pane is
blank.
When I select/copy/paste the source code into nodepad, then I can see it.

I attatched the configuration details output (notice the exceptions).

Is there a workaround/fix for this? Is NT planned to be supported soon?

Apart from that (which is obviously stopping me from enjoying eclipse ;),
it
is working fine I guess.

Thanks in advance.
 <<NT_configuration_details.txt>>