[eclipse-dev] how do I set up Eclipse to develop itself?

I have downloaded the 11-7 build and wish to use Eclipse to "self host" so that I can monitor the development activities in Eclipse from Eclipse.
Is there documentation anywhere on the site for how to set this up?  Right now I'm staring at an empty workspace with no idea how to get started.
I have used Eclipse before, but never to build Eclipse itself.  I have not used the CVS plug-in either.
Surely everyone else has had this question when getting started?  I just wasn't sure where to look among the mailing list archives and newsgroups to find the info.
Thanks.

susan

Back to the top