[ecf-dev] ECF Oxygen

Hi Folks,

I've been a little quiet about the ECF Oxygen release, but over the next few weeks I'm going to be blogging, etc.

Just to be clear for this audience:

There were a number of bug fixes, but for the ECF core stuff here at the EF (as opposed to ECF's org at github [1]) the main addition for Oxygen was the deployment of ECF remote services to maven central [2]. This was done and made possible by Mat Booth's work on converting to using a Tycho/Maven-based builder for ECF. Many thanks are due to Mat for that work over the past year...and particularly over March-June.

This will make it much easier for people to use/deploy ECF RSA...e.g. karaf [3].

I've also been modifying many of the distribution providers at [1] to also be buildable via Maven/Tycho. I'm contemplating releasing those as well at maven central...e.g. for etcd-discovery, JMS, MQTT, Hazelcast, Jax-RS Jersey, Python-Java, JavaGroups, XmlRPC distribution providers...and perhaps others.

As ECF RSA is quite stable (and the spec is pretty stable too), I don't expect a lot of feature work to go on at the ECF EF repo, but rather more and more of my new work to take place at [1]. I'm personally doing a lot of work on the Python-Java remote services, as there are some corp consumers using it (along with RSA) for analytics for Internet of Things.

Thanks.

Scott

[1] https://github.com/ECF

[2] https://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.eclipse.ecf%22