Re: [ecf-dev] DNS-SD discovery provider - org.xbill.dns dependency

On 4/14/2017 3:05 PM, Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
Hi Scott,

given my own commitments, I'm afraid this is one where the community has
to step in. Otherwise, we will probably have to remove dns-sd from the
ECF distribution if Java 9 compatibility is a hard requirement (although
I don't understand why we would want to effectively break < Java 9
consumers).

I don't think it is/can be, but I'll check it out.

First somebody needs to find out though, if dns-sd triggers
the affected codepaths. We might just be lucky.

Any suggestions about how to do/try that?

Iff dns-sd indeed triggers the codepaths, the two biggest challenges I
see are:

- Getting upstream (dnsjava project) to add Java 9 compatibility.
- Get the new upstream version CQ'ed in time.

I've sent an email to Brian Wellington. First we will see what he says. The references to the sun.net seems perhaps to be only one interface, and so maybe this won't be a huge/insurmountable change.

Scott

Back to the top