Re: [ecf-dev] question about build

On 27 November 2016 at 01:15, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Mat,

I have a question about the new tycho build.   I see there is a goal for creating the javadoc via the new tycho build, and these javadocs get uploaded to here [1].  This is all great.

One thing we have/had been doing, however, is to configure the javadoc generation so that it doesn't publish the docs from *all* packages, but rather only the API packages.   We did this by using a javadoc.xml file in the org.eclipse.ecf project/javadoc.xml. How do we set those same parameters in the tycho build so that the generated javadocs are simpler/more complete?

These parameters are set in the main parent pom.xml (in the configuration section for the maven-javadoc-plugin) -- I will submit a patch shortly to fix this and another javadoc problem.

BTW, I was able to add an example plugin (com.mycorp.examples.timeservice.consumer.ds.async) to the examples feature, add a pom.xml to this plugin, and update the list of included modules in the top-level pom.xml and get everything to build properly.   Is this the appropriate process? (i.e. is there any more/other to do when adding a new plugin to an existing feature?)

Yes, this the appropriate process, and no, you did all the necessary things :-)

Thanksinadvance,

Scott

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/rt/ecf/snapshot/javadoc/