Re: [ecf-dev] OSGi RemoteServices Error

Hi Ramchandran,

On 9/14/2016 7:44 AM, Ramachandran K. Narayanan wrote:
Hello Scott,

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply which had a lot of valuable information. I will go through the tutorials that you had outlined.

Ok.

Actually, the changes I am making are on a fork of Eclipse ICE, which is a large GitHub project. So I am not modifying the ECF examples as such, just carrying over the RS code changes to Eclipse ICE.

I see.   Is that the same Eclipse ICE that's here:   https://www.eclipse.org/ice/

I will go through the tutorials first and see if I can resolve my issues.

Ok.   My theory is that some of the ICE services...that perhaps you are trying to remote...could have some more complicated dependencies.   Note that for remote services the service interface and any dependent classes (i.e. classes that are referenced by the service interface) have to be present on both the service host and service consumer processes.   This is why, for example, it's considered a good practice to separate the service interface package/classes from the actual implementation at the bundle level...because then the consumer doesn't need the implementation classes.

Do let me know if I can help further.   There was some talk on the ICE project (science working group) about using ECF's remote services so perhaps that is already happening to some degree.

Scott

Thanks,
Ramachandran