Re: [ecf-dev] distribution providers

On 9/10/2015 5:28 AM, Wim Jongman wrote:
I've made a beginning Tycho build for this project [1].

cd JaxRSProviders
mvn clean   // requires mvn 3.3+

* If you want to try the build, add a file to your local ~/.m2 directory as described here [2]
* Build currently breaks because I don't have a 3.11.0 repo yet.

Hi Wim,

Some things to consider (and possibly discuss in call/meeting if you wish):

1) The Glassfish Jersey version currently in Orbit (2.14) [1], works ok for the client, but the org.glassfish.jersey.server bundle (required for server provider) is not currently in Orbit.  Further, I had to update several of Jersey's Orbit dependencies (beyond 2.14) to use the jersey server bundle.   I've been corresponding directly with Roland Grunberg at Red Hat (he is the maintainer of the Jersey bundles in Orbit [1]) about updating the Orbit version (2.14 is a little stale now) and it's dependencies.  According to Roland this is a significant job (Jersey has quite a few deps) and so if we want this to happen we should try to coordinate with Roland and/or Mat on getting it accomplished.  Another option is that we simply use a more recent version of Jersey from Maven Central (or wherever).   I'm personally indifferent about this, but it obviously has build, IP, EF, distribution implications.

2) There's no version of CXF in Orbit, so we either have to take that on (which I'm not personally willing to do, but am OK if others wish to do it), or build/distribute against non-Orbit versions of CXF bundles and it's extent of dependencies (which is fairly complicated, and I haven't tried to figure out or even test yet).

Let me know if you want to discuss in call/meeting.

Scott

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20150821153341/