[ecf-dev] question about maven repo generation

Hi Folks,

As some of you know, I've been creating Karaf features for using ECF Remote Services on Karaf [1].

Currently, these features use the 'http' download to install. The usual/typical download in Karaf features is Maven, however, and there are some people in the Karaf community that would like to use (and possibly create themselves) Karaf features that install ECF Remote Services bundles via Maven and perhaps even use Maven central.

We create a Maven repo for ECF bundles [2], and so this shouldn't be an issue. We have, however, a few dependencies on Equinox bundles (see at the top here [3]), and currently (this may change in the future) Equinox does not by default create and publish a maven repo that contains these bundles.

In the interim (until these equinox bundles are made available via a maven repo), it would be very nice if we could find a way to simply *add* these dependencies to *our* maven repo when it's generated. Currently the b3aggregator generates this ECF maven repo, and so what I'm asking is: does anyone know a way to add bundles to a generated maven repo during the b3aggregation process? Is this possible, or do we need to wait for Equinox to publish these bundles via it's own repo?

A related question: Can/could this be done with a Tycho build? Where is the Tycho build in terms of readiness for usage in the ECF builder?

Thanks,

Scott

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/EIG:Install_into_Apache_Karaf
[2] http://build.ecf-project.org/maven/