[ecf-dev] question about service discovery ui

Hi Folks,

I have a question about the ECF discovery UI...in particular the Service Discovery view. It seems that the Service Discovery view (the Eclipse user interface for ECF discovery API) requires the org.eclipse.ecf.provider.discovery bundle since if I try to show the discovery view without including the org.eclipse.ecf.provider.discovery bundle I get the exception below.

However, if I do include the org.eclipse.ecf.provider.discovery bundle and open the new Endpoint Discovery view I get the same Endpoint discovered *twice*...even though the Service Discovery view shows the model entry only once.

Is it possible this is caused by the the composite container exposed via org.eclipse.ecf.provider.discovery? If so, is there any way to use the Service Discovery view without having composite behavior (e.g. disable the composite discovery container and/or remove the o.e.e.provider.discovery bundle completely?)

Thanksinadvance,

Scott

sgi>
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.model 2 0 2015-04-11 08:32:38.459
!MESSAGE No discovery container available
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.ecf.core.ContainerCreateException: Container type description with name=ecf.singleton.discovery not found. This may indicate that the desired provider is not available or not startable within runtime. at org.eclipse.ecf.core.ContainerFactory.getDescriptionByNameWithException(ContainerFactory.java:269) at org.eclipse.ecf.core.ContainerFactory.createContainer(ContainerFactory.java:315) at org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.ui.model.resource.ServiceResource$ServiceDiscoveryListener.connect(ServiceResource.java:56) at org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.ui.model.resource.ServiceResource$1.run(ServiceResource.java:458)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ecf.identity 4 0 2015-04-11 08:32:38.462
!MESSAGE Container type description with name=ecf.singleton.discovery not found. This may indicate that the desired provider is not available or not startable within runtime.

Back to the top