Re: [ecf-dev] Proposal: ECF 3.10.0 - commiters please respond asap

On 4/10/2015 12:36 PM, Timothy Vogel wrote:
Scott,
Nice work!  Three quick suggestions / comments after a brief read of the page:

1) The link in the first sentence points to the same page not sure if this is intended.

Nope.  Fixed.  thanks.

2) Add a brief paragraph about how to install into existing and new Eclipse installations.  Perhaps put a placeholder there for the update site once Mars is live.

We generally put install instructions/information on the download page, which is linked to at the top of the new and noteworthy.

3) The screen shots are Very Good!  Perhaps update the second one to show a snippet of code in the editor pane that uses that imported service in the Plug-in Registry to show how easy it is to leverage ECF discovered remote services.

Good idea.   I created such a screenshot and replaced the third one with the new one.   Hope everyone likes it.

Scott

Back to the top